[reportlab-users] python 3 compatibility issues

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 28 12:39:22 EDT 2016

On 28/07/2016 16:21, Bill Marcum wrote:
> I'm trying to run the fundreport tutorial, using python 3.5.1.  I'm getting
> many python 2-3 migration issues.  I suspect I missed a flag or downloaded
> the wrong version, but I can't find any documentation that refers to it.
> Any ideas?

Although we try to make reportlab pass its tests using pythons 2.7, 3.3-3.5 I
don't think we do any kind of django development in 3.x. I'm almost certain that
the tutorial code will contain a fair number of issues when run with 3.5.

I will try and take a look tomorrow.

If you just want to run the demo then python 2.7 will work (I hope).