[reportlab-users] Crash on debug builds of python 3.4.3

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Jan 12 10:07:26 EST 2016

hi Mark,

On 12/01/2016 11:07, Mark De Wit wrote:
> Hi robin,
>
> Thanks for checking up on that so fast!  .......

I think I have solved this. My debug runs in 2.7 & 3.4 are now OK. For some
reason I was playing about with the module traverse and clear mechanisms and had
put in a reference to moduleVersion in there and also added it to the module
object state. Calling Py_CLEAR on that was wrong, but it seems easier to remove
the unwanted reference to the module version from the state and then things are
working fine without tp_traverse or tp_clear funcs in the python 3 module object.

I have bumped the _rl_accel version to 0.71 and you can find the code on
bitbucket if you want to stick with 3.2.0; other wise the latest tar zips etc
etc are at

https://www.reportlab.com/pypi

version 3.2.16 is what you want.

Thanks for the bug report.