[reportlab-users] ScatterPlot question

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Oct 28 11:53:48 EDT 2015

On 28/10/2015 13:57, alexander channing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please help me with the following in Scatter Plot:
>
> A) Can I define where the x-axis and y-axis intersect? (without having to
> create each axis separately)

This is fairly complicated.

1) Both axes have attributes joinAxis, joinAxisMode and joinAxisPos.

2) The joinAxis values for the x & y axes point towards each other (by default).

3) The joinAxisMode can be 'bottom', 'top', 'value' or 'points' for the x axis.
and 'left', 'right', 'value' or 'points' for the y axis.

4) If 'value' is chosen then joinAxisPos should be a user space value on the
joinAxis at which you want the current axis to sit. If 'points' is used then the
axis is drawn at an absolute location in the chart area. So if your chart sits
at y = 30, then setting joinAxisPos=30 makes the x axis sit at the same height
as the chart.

5) the 'top' 'bottom', 'left', 'right' settings for joinAxisMode make the axis
site at appropriate points on the other axis

> B)  The ScatterPlot doesn't seem to strictly adhere to the *valueMin* and
> *valueMax* specified for the X or Y axis.
>        i.e. it will go beyond the min/max sometimes when generating the
> Scatter Plot on the PDF.
>        - How can I make this a strict adherence?
>
> Thanks very much!
> Alex
Not sure I understand what you're saying here. Can you post a small example.