[reportlab-users] ReportLab and PyPy

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Nov 23 05:33:29 EST 2015

On 23/11/2015 09:08, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> Is anyone using ReportLab with PyPy?
>
> I ask because I'm seeing a strange segfault with PyPy 4.0.1-alpha0:
> https://travis-ci.org/mgedmin/mgp2pdf/jobs/91417380
>
> Marius Gedminas
Hi Marius,

I did run some trials of reportlab with pypy a while back and it was mostly
working. I nevert tried out with an alpha though :)

I looked at the travis thing, but it looked like double dutch to me, my best
interpretation is that something went wrong with
https://github.com/mgedmin/mgp2pdf.git, but looking there I see that 6 days ago
you dropped the pypy support in the code.

I will try and set up a pypy  test in the near future. I'm almost certain last
time I tried the failures were mostly to do with pil/pillow. You seem to have no
trouble with pillow as you commented

> "Assuming it's ReportLab and not, say, Pillow -- but imgdiff's tests
> work on pypy"

According to

https://bitbucket.org/pypy/compatibility/wiki/reportlab%20toolkit

RL is compatible, but my naive attempts to do pip install reportlab fail when
trying to do extension compilations so it can't be that compatible.