[reportlab-users] Font Helvetica always used?

ECP Admin easyclasspage at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:36:17 EDT 2015

Thanks for answering. Yes you are right, the 14 default fonts (including
Helvetica) are always available in every PDF document. So what's the
problem? I have created a PDF document with 3 external fonts. The result is
a document that lists 3 embedded fonts and one (unused) internal font
(Helvetica). I have send this document to a german online printing service (
flyeralarm.de), but the data check complains
and the document was rejected. The reason: Only embedded font are allowed.
Hmm ... perculiar, perhaps a gray area. In my case the Helvetica font isn't
used, so it isn't necessary to include this font. A similar document
without the Helvetica font is accepted. So my question is: Is there any
chance that you only incorporate the really used fonts in the document
header?

Regards Klaus