[reportlab-users] Inserting RGB image with CYMK color space using reportlab

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Jul 6 13:37:28 EDT 2015

Andy Robinson wrote:
> Failing that, try to convert your image using Photoshop.   I don't
> know what the algorithms are in PIL but have often noticed that
> colours don't look so great after transformations in PIL.  If you need
> to do it programmatically, ImageMagick is better.

I can +1 this assessment from direct recent experience.  I do full-color
glossy programs books for a local community theater.  I have one printer
that I enjoy working with who needs all of the images to be CMYK.  In
the past, I've done it by hand and found it to be tedious.  This year, I
got smart and made a PIL script.  The results were very disappointing:
the colors were pale and washed out.  I did the same conversion with
ImageMagick and the results were excellent, although too late.  Lesson
learned.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.