[reportlab-users] Wordaxe status. Was: Incorrect character composition

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Thu Apr 16 08:40:45 EDT 2015

Robin Becker wrote:
> I corresponded about the problem he observed with ImageAndFlowables,
> it turned out that his paragraph wrapping was looping forever for the case
> of negative available widths which could happen in some ImageAndFlowable
> instances. I did put in a fix to the bitbucket repository,
> but haven't heard if that works for Henning.

Correct.
After the fix, I ran into a different error
and since I didn't need ImageAndFlowables for my commercial use case,
I left it as is.

To put things short, the status quo of Wordaxe is:

With the exception of ImageAndFlowables, everything *should* work.

The project is more or less abandoned:
I won't put any further effort into it unless I need it for
my commercial use case.
For with major releases of RL, I'll probably check what's still working
and what's not.

I wrote 99.9% of the code.
The only committers for Wordaxe are proff_fs (Florian Schulze) and myself.
We're both using it only in combination with ReportLab.

So, from my point of view, feel free to use Wordaxe's code in any way
you like, e.g. partially integrate it into the ReportLab open-source code.
In particular you may integrate Wordaxe's kerning support.

Henning