[reportlab-users] recent changes

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 18 12:29:25 EDT 2014

I have checked in a patch contributed by Viktoras Agejevas  to make paragraph
strike-throughs and underlines use a strokeWidth proportional to the font size.

His original patch used a fixed value 0.05*fontSize. I have modified his patch
to make a new rl_setting baseUnderlineProportion=0.0; this setting is used to
initialize ParagraphStyle default for underlineProportion.

If the value is non-zero you will get underline / strike through thickness equal
to the paragraph style.underlineProportion*fontSize. If the value is 0.0 as is
the current default then you get the existing behaviour with the thickness being
defined by the existing canvas linewidth.

Some other recent changes affect stacked bar charts with negative values; these
now work properly; barchart bar labels can no have a box anchor value of 'mid'
to centre the label in the middle of the bar.