[reportlab-users] How are split, wrap, wrapOn supposed to work?

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at t-p.com
Fri Nov 7 08:59:22 EST 2014

A week ago I asked for help regarding split, wrap and wrapOn.

Unfortunately, I have not yet received any reply, that's why I'm asking
again.

While testing WordAxe, I found the test-case for ImageAndFlowables
running into an endless loop because the flowable's wrap method
is called with a negative availWidth argument and the Wordaxe
implementation
of a Paragraph obviously fails to handle this situation "in the right
way".

The question is: What is the right way then?
What should a flowable do if wrap is called with availWidth <= 0?
Or is that not supposed to happen at all?
And then, why does reportlab.platypus.paragraph.Paragraph work
with this test-case, but not wordaxe.rl.NewParagraph.Paragraph,
while it passes all the other tests?

I guess that only a member of the ReportLab team can answer this.

Henning