[reportlab-users] Change to ParaParser: well formed tags now required

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sun May 25 12:43:55 EDT 2014

Andy Robinson:

> In the course of adding in our dormant RTL (Arabic support) branch, we
> had to fix a weirdness in the paragraph parser.  Henceforth we will
> require well formed XML tags.

A very reasonable thing to do.

It occurred to me only recently that when using Arabic characters inside identifiers in Python 3 (for whatever reasons) the RTL feature is nicely visible even in the standard Python interpreter in a normal editor. And for thrills even the prompt changes to "<<<" ;-) You can test with something like "س = 123" if your emailer shows this correctly.

Cheers,

Dinu