[reportlab-users] ReportLab 3.x packaging and deployment

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Jan 14 09:55:04 EST 2014

Sadly it's one more thing to understand. When my developers have to go
from understanding 30 frameworks to 31 to do their jobs, the number of
hours left for actual work each week decreases from 10 to 9. etc.
Unfortunately buildout is not the "only way to do it".

Within ReportLab we decided to use the lowest common denominator long
ago. It's called "bash". It's really good at creating symlinks ;-)

by the way, I am aware I owe you a response to the other issue before
Christmas - hoping to clear this by end of week...sorry about the
delay.

- Andy

--
Andy Robinson