[reportlab-users] ReportLab 3.x packaging and deployment

Michael Hipp michael at redmule.com
Mon Jan 13 12:22:52 EST 2014

On 1/13/2014 10:58 AM, Robin Becker wrote:

> On 13/01/2014 15:27, Michael Hipp wrote:

> Michael, I just tried this with one of our daily installers in a 2.7

> environment

>> (bbbb) C:\ux\ExeBuilder\aaaa>easy_install

>> ..\exes\reportlab-daily.win32-py2.7.exe

Thanks. I was unaware such a thing was possible. But I think the future
belongs to pip rather than easy_install.

>> Installed

>> c:\ux\exebuilder\aaaa\bbbb\lib\site-packages\reportlab-daily-py2.7-win32.egg

Does this mean it actually installed to the venv?

> Apparently symantic thinks the exes are virus ridden, I will try and

> make msi files as a possible fix for that.

Wouldn't your time be better spent making wheels instead of exes or
msis? What I want is for pip to be able to fetch wheels directly from
pypi and skip the manual download/install steps.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Michael