[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jan 9 09:58:46 EST 2014

> Try https://gist.github.com/peterjc/8334631 which extracts the

> failing Biopython unit test as a short script. I'm working on

> further simplifying it - currently in addition to ReportLab it

> requires Biopython (using Biopython 1.63 should be fine).

anything that requires biopython, numpy etc etc is probably too large. If you
are getting a type error in 3.3 then whatever strings/bytestrings etc etc and
what's being called at that point would be helpful. Of course dna can be very
large so that may be an issue.

It seems the renderPS module doesn't get tested very thoroughly by the reprotlab
tests and that module is broken. Before I do anything else I will try to get it
to produce the old standard test shapes.

I and others are already testing on linux, but as renderPS won't work
differently there it's probably not worth trying your stuff there yet.