[reportlab-users] Using Symbola or equivalent Unicode6 font with Reportlab

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Feb 21 12:26:42 EST 2014

On 21/02/2014 17:12, Mathieu Comandon wrote:

> I tried running your code snippet using the ms-mincho fonts (but running on

> Linux) and I got the following error:

> raise RenderPMError("Can't setFont(%s) missing the T1

> files?\nOriginally %s: %s" % (fontName,s1,s2))

> reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't setFont(ms-mincho)

> missing the T1 files?

> Originally <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: TTEncoding instance has

> no attribute 'vector'

> I will try debugging this and using other fonts on monday. Also, we are

> using Platypus flowables to generate the contents, I hope it doesn't affect

> the font rendering, I'll try converting your snippet using Platypus.

you just need to download some fonts into the reportlab/fonts folder you can get
them here

http://www.reportlab.com/ftp/pfbfer-20070710.zip

alternatively try removing 'png' from the list of outputs ie formats=['pdf'] in
the save command. I think we need those T1 font pfbs for renderPM output, but
not for PDF.