[reportlab-users] Styling within platypus flowables

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 5 05:29:35 EST 2014

>>> https://github.com/kaj/chordlab/blob/master/chordlab

>> You might be a good candidate for Lilypond. It is a music typesetting

>> system, using an input much like LaTeX. It knows how to do tablature.

>> There's a bit of a learning curve, but the output is beautiful.

> Thanks, but I'm looking to typeset lyric/chord sheets, not musical

> scores or staves.

Can you explain exactly what is missing from standard paragraphs etc etc? I
realize we can't yet get a standard paragraph to draw the staff (horizontal
lines) etc etc, but a derived type probably could.

I suppose it would probably be best to create a Flowable that handles your
'text' and knows how to 'break' and 'split' etc etc.