[reportlab-users] path error

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Aug 11 12:15:58 EDT 2014

Try this:
>>> import reportlab
>>> reportlab.__file__

and see what it prints.  Go and look there.  You probably have an
extra script called reportlab.py at that location which you need to
delete or rename; or maybe a corrupted package.

Hope this helps,

Andy

On 11 August 2014 16:09, Jose M.Allegue <jmallegue at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all  would like to thanks for your interest. I know that It isn´t
> you matter, but you are helping me.
>
> Well.
> I included   'C:\Python34\Lib\site-packages' in the enviroment path of
> windows, but nothing happens
> I unnistall reportlab and install again using     pip install reportlab.
> pip list>>>> there is reportalb packge installed ( and I can see that in
> Lib/site-packages) but....nothing fixed
>
> well
> 1) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'
> Python is finding a module, just one without '__path__'
>
> 2) ImportError: No module named 'reportlab.pdfgen'; 'reportlab' is not a
> package
> Again 'reportlab' is being found, it is just not a package so you cannot get
> at pdfgen.
> How can I fix them ? How can I make a script importing canvas ?
>
> Thanks

>> On 08/11/2014 03:27 AM, Jose M.Allegue wrote:
>>>
>>> I  know this a Python FAQ
>>>
>>> I have been learnig python for the last four months. It is not to much,
>>> anyway I will try to solve the problem in google.
>>

>> I should have been more explicit in my reasoning in my first post. The
>> reasons I suspect a naming issue, are the following from the traceback
>> message:
>>
>> 1) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'
>> Python is finding a module, just one without '__path__'
>>
>> 2) ImportError: No module named 'reportlab.pdfgen'; 'reportlab' is not a
>> package
>> Again 'reportlab' is being found, it is just not a package so you cannot
>> get at pdfgen.
>>

>> For comparison if you try to import a non-existent module you get:

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>> ImportError: No module named nothing
>>

>>> Thanks for your help
>>>

>> --
>> Adrian Klaver
>> adrian.klaver at aklaver.com
>

> --
> jose m allegue
>
> jmallegue at gmail.com

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420