[reportlab-users] Python 3, bad output with repr()

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Thu Nov 28 09:08:37 EST 2013

Hi all,

first of all, let me thank again Robin for his effort in porting RL to
Py3!

After latest announcement, I spent some time on the report side of my
pet project which I ported to Py3. I was able to adapt my code and many
outputs already work reasonably well (yeah!).

With a few of them I have a strange result, where RL seems to apply
repr() on plain strings and I fail to see why: it does not do that in
other, more complex tables... so I cannot exclude I'm doing something
wrong here.

I'm attaching a stripped down version of one simple printout, as well as
the PDF I'm getting: it's a "score card" for a game, where players fill
in their scores, so it's basically just a "frame", without much text.

Thanks in advance for any hint,
ciao, lele.