[reportlab-users] Shift Table to Top of Page

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue May 14 13:11:27 EDT 2013

The Helmbolds wrote:

> The new versions of Adobe Reader (i.e., versions 10 and 11) default to

> printing pdf files to "fit" them to page (using default margins). As

> far as I can see, this means that:

> > All scaling done in Report Lab is destroyed by the Adobe Reader default.

> For example, cutout patterns will not print to the correct scale. Nor

> will tables, forms, or other *.pdf files that need to maintain an

> exact scale.

> > Report Lab tables or any other *.pdf items that must be "registered" to

> specific locations on the printed output page will not be placed in

> their correct locations.

Yep, that's exactly what I said yesterday. Many, many sheets of Avery
labels have been ruined because of the "Fit to Margins" option.

The only real answer is to increase user awareness of the problem. Put
a note on your web page near the link that says "when you print this,
remember to select 'actual size', otherwise it won't line up."

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.