[reportlab-users] Shift table up to top of page

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon May 13 12:48:34 EDT 2013

The Helmbolds wrote:

> Problem: I have table that needs to have its top margin exactly at the

> top of the page.

> Right now, it is insisting on placing the table 0.4 inches below the

> top of the page, even though the top margin is set to zero.

> How do I get the top of the table's first row to align exactly with

> the top of the page?

Here are some of the ways this could go wrong.

Fonts do not fill up the whole box. If you start printing a 36-point
font with the baseline 36 points from the top of the page, there will
still be white space at the top of the page.

Many people, when they print from the Adobe Reader, automatically choose
"Fit To Margins". That will cause the reader to shrink the content to
fit into the printer's advertised margins. Many sheets of mailing
labels have been ruined because people forgot about this.

As Dinu said, there's little we can do without a runnable sample.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.