[reportlab-users] Beginner's preppy puzzle: call to templatemodule.get() raises AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get'

Boar Gules reportlab at boargules.com
Sun May 12 06:36:14 EDT 2013

I understand from the docs that the approved way to invoke a Preppy template is to use the function templatemodule.get(), but the module I am generating has no such function. Doing a dir() on the generated module yields

['__builtins__', '__checksum__', '__code__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', '__package__', '__preppy__vlhs__', 'getOutput', 'getOutputFromKeywords', 'include', 'run']

The docs say that calling getOutput() and passing in a dictionary is the old way to do it. I've tried that and it works.

So it looks like I have downloaded an old version. The download link on http://www.reportlab.com/software/opensource/ (https://bitbucket.org/rptlab/preppy) gives me version 1.0 and the PyPI download link (https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/preppy/preppy-1.0.1.tar.gz) gives me version 1.0.1. But I seem to get the same results with both.

I thought I might have an old copy lurking in my Python 2.5 directory. That isn't it.

I am clearly missing something here. Can anyone set me straight?