[reportlab-users] OTF fonts supported by Reportlab?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jul 24 06:01:37 EDT 2013

On 23 July 2013 17:48, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:

>> Is there a way to make Reportlab accept this font or fonts like it?

> Submit a patch? ;)

That would be nice!

I'm hoping to find time to review this next month. Part of the
problem is that we use third party extensions for rendering bitmaps in
charts which themselves did not easily support postscript-style OTF
files. Maybe they do now, maybe they don't - it needs some research.
It's obviously a desirable enhancement.

One paying customer asking for this, or one good patch from a
contributor, would of course make all the difference. Otherwise it
tends to just sit on the big wish list while we are busy with the
day-jobs....

- Andy