[reportlab-users] Issues related to setting parameters of graphs, lines, and rectangles, and they are not printing correctly

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Thu Jan 17 14:52:57 EST 2013

On 1/17/2013 10:08 AM, J. R. Carroll wrote:

> Problem#1: On Linux, I can see that the overlaying/watermark trick

> works. On Windows, all I see is the "slate-gray" on the screen (the

> slamon watermark will not show). I've looked for 'watermark' specific

> keywords in Adobe Reader X, but nothing has worked - because of the

> 'magic' of this little script, I suspect that this isn't a traditional

> watermark, but rather a workaround to generate the effect of a

> watermark - so I looked for other settings as well, specifically for

> "form", but I cannot find it. Anyone have ideas on where in Adobe

> Reader X (and more specifically google chrome pdf reader) where I can

> make it display properly

grid is slate grey using SumatraPDF on Windows, so I think the problem
is not unique to Adobe Reader on Windows. It may be that the solution
actually leverages a problem in evince on Linux? Or depends on something
that isn't quite nailed down in the standard?

My understanding is that SumatraPDF uses a different rendering engine
than Adobe Reader... (the application is certainly way faster)... likely
evince does too (since it produces different results). Somewhere I read
there are only about 3 PDF rendering engines, so maybe this covers the
gamut, or maybe there is a 4th...