[reportlab-users] Problem with a table of tables

Holyoak, Shawn shawn.holyoak at dallascityhall.com
Wed Feb 27 16:13:47 EST 2013

I'm really new to ReportLab, and I'm trying to layout a table of tables
(i.e., each row of the table is a table). I'm doing this as I need to
repeat a row at the top of each page, but the rows of the subtables have
different column counts (attached, if attachments are accepted, is what
the report looks like). The documentation indicates this can be done,
but I'm running into all sorts of problems when try it. My latest is in
the data normalization routine in the Table class. Line 313, outRow =
[normCell(cell) for cell in row] is causing me problems, as row is a
Table instance, and I'm getting "iteration over non-sequence", which
makes sense as it's not a list, it's a Table, which doesn't seem to be
iterable. Is the documentation wrong, Chapter 7 states tables can
"contain anything convertible to a string; flowable objects such as
other tables;...", or am I missing something or doing something wrong.
See also my question at StackOverflow,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15034480/reportlab-build-table-of-tab
les-doesnt-repeat-rows. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Shawn Holyoak