[reportlab-users] barcodes encoded with Code 128 not always optimally encoded

Josh Hieronymus josh.p.hieronymus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 15:23:20 EST 2013

Right now I just have access to an Android phone with the ZXing Barcode
Scanner client, which is what I've been using to test some of my own Code
128 barcode-producing software. I should be able to make the necessary
changes to the code myself, but I can only test it with the ZXing client at
the moment. There is another avenue for testing, which would be to
hand-generate some barcode images and encoding patterns to compare with the
output. Would the combination of using the ZXing client to read the output
and doing comparisons with hand-generated images and encodings be
sufficient for testing purposes?