[reportlab-users] barcodes encoded with Code 128 not always optimally encoded

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Feb 24 09:08:12 EST 2013

Josh, thanks for this.

The barcode code was a contribution from someone who worked in the
field, and none of our current developers are very familiar with the
standards. We adopted a pretty simple standard of "if our scanner
reads it, it's OK". I am a little nervous of making a change. Are
you in a position to help with testing on a variety of readers if we
make a change?

- Andy Robinson, ReportLab