[reportlab-users] memory leak in reportlab xmllib.FastXMLParser

Mirko Dziadzka mirko.dziadzka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:35:55 EST 2013

Using the Slow Parser by disabling the sgmlop solved my immediate problem. Our paragraphs are short ;-)

After a second look on FastXMLParser, there seems to be 2 references to the sgmlop parser.

self.parser = sgmlop.XMLParser()
self.feed = self.parser.feed

and close() is only setting self.parser to None, self.feed still has a reference to sgmlop.

changing FastXMLParser.close() by adding a

self.feed = None

removes the memory leak in the simple example.

OTOH ... I'm not sure if paraparser is calling close() on the xmllib in all cases.