[reportlab-users] memory leak in reportlab xmllib.FastXMLParser

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Dec 17 12:13:23 EST 2013

I suspect we've had this problem for a long time in the sgmlop c extension
module. Originally the paraparser.py module used to create just one parser for
use by all the paragraph instances, but I think Andy recent changed that to
create one for each instance in a vain attempt to stop threading issues.

I'll take a look at the sgmlop.c code to see if I can spot this; that code is
very old and not our originally. It certainly doesn't cooperate with GC at all.