[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Dec 17 10:31:10 EST 2013

For anyone really wanting to try on win32/amd64 that doesn't have a compiler, I
think I have managed to create some binary installers using bdist_wininst. They
are available at

http://www.reportlab.com/ftp/alpha/

If you use any kind of paragraphs you'll need to install the corresponding pyRXP
at present.

I'm not sure how this stuff is supposed to work with virtual environments, but
for a global install it should work.

This was much harder than I expected with a lot of the problems coming from
distutils apparently failing to produce properly when run from in side a venv
(at least when preparing the bdist_wininst).