[reportlab-users] Embedding PostScript to control printer trays

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Tue Aug 13 14:30:34 EDT 2013

Hi Andy,

We're using a Lanier SP9100/LP275 (internal model M149), which I think is
actually a re-branded Ricoh. We're not sure which driver it is using as we
don't have admin privileges on that machine at the moment. According to the
documentation that my colleague was provided, it doesn't appear as if the
PostScript driver includes the functionality we want anyway as it wants to
stick either a blank in as a slip sheet or a copy of the previous page as
the slip sheet, which is not helpful since we're using OMR codes and that
will royally screw that up.

On the other hand, the documentation DOES seem to indicate that the PCL
driver might have the functionality we need. All we want to do is on check,
switch to check tray and then after the check is printed, switch back to
the normal tray for the non-check page(s).

I hope that makes sense.
Mike