[reportlab-users] Embedding PostScript to control printer trays

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Tue Aug 13 11:07:47 EDT 2013

Hi,

My company currently has a need to create PDFs of documents that need
different paper types. For example, the first page will need to be printed
on check stock and the next N pages will be on regular paper. So I was
wondering if the addPostScriptCommand() mentioned at
http://www.reportlab.com/docs/reportlab-reference.pdf still works? If not,
does anyone else know of a good way to accomplish this?

The problem is that we may have a massive file of several hundred or
thousands of payments in it that will need to be smart enough to pull from
alternating trays on the printer.

We're running Python 2.6 on Linux and Windows with the latest Reportlab.
Thanks!

Mike Driscoll

Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org