[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.7 accelerators

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Apr 4 18:17:39 EDT 2013

This is now fixed. I chose 'option 2' and uploaded the tested tar.gz file,
and have just completed an installation with 'easy_install reportlab' in a
virtualenv.

I am guessing my colleague followed 'option 1' in the PyPI instructions and
ran 'setup.py upload'. Now we know that this doesn't work, for us at
least. Clearly, 'setup.py sdist' and 'setup.py upload' have somehow
attempted to 'improve' on easily understood deployment concepts like
'tar/gzip' and 'scp'.

However, we'll be doing a lot more rearranging before the next version, and
hopefully simplifying our setup.py as we do it, so hopefully we will end up
compliant with distutils eventually.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and my apologies to anyone else
who bumped into this.

- Andy