[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.7 accelerators

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Thu Apr 4 13:18:30 EDT 2013

Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com> writes:

> The accelerator code has been inside the reportlab distribution for some

> time now. I guess that is a spurious message we failed to notice. After

> running 'setup.py install', can you do 'import _rl_accel'?

No, and there's no trace on them being compiled, as happens with
2.6. Note also that reportlab-2.7.tar.gz is 1.7Mb, while
reportlab-2.6.tar.gz is over 2.0Mb.

I even tried to compile the daily_rl_accel.tgz, but

a) the "make" way of compiling it fails with::

$ make
gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/tmp/pp/include/python2.7 -I/tmp/pp/include/python2.7 @DEFS@ -c ././_rl_accel.c -o ./_rl_accel.o
gcc: error: @DEFS@: File o directory non esistente
make: *** [_rl_accel.o] Error 1

b) its README.extensions mentions the usual "setup.py" script which
isn't included

> If not, I guess we will have a 2.7.1 coming soon ;-)

I guess the same :-)

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it | -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.