[reportlab-users] Rotated paragraph/document with ReportLab (vertical text)

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Nov 6 10:19:32 EST 2012

On 06/11/2012 03:23, Jesus Sanchez-Palencia wrote:

> Ok,

> I can't get this to work as I was expeting it to work... All I want is

> to get this snippet:

> normal.fontSize = 15

> pdf = SimpleDocTemplate("notrotatedpara.pdf", pagesize = (250, 80),

rotations will not normally affect the page size so if you want a page that's 80
x 250 you should specify that. Again if you don't want to rotate the text why
use the extended class (even if the rotation has been removed). Rotations work
around an origin, in our case that's the bottom left hand corner of the page x=0
y=0.