[reportlab-users] PDF created in ReportLab looks awesome in Foxit, awful in Adobe

David Hughes dfh at forestfield.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 07:48:21 EDT 2012

On 13/07/2012 09:56, Marc Tompkins wrote:

> Just to verify: you do also see the problem with the file I attached?

Yes, using Adobe Reader 10.1.3 here, the standard fit-to-width view
corresponds to approx 75% magnification and the text appears as you
described. It improves as the magnification is increased, it's
acceptable(?) around 150% and probably perfect above 200%.

I think this implies a rendering problem rather than anything ReportLab
could influence. I vaguely recall a similar problem with the wxPython
PDF viewer I wrote a couple of years ago (see
site-packages...\wx\lib\pdfviewer and the wxPythonDemo). There was a
range of magnifications around 60-80% that rendered badly even with the
embedded Type 1 fonts. Unfortunately I don't remember being able to do
anything about it.

--
Regards

David Hughes