[reportlab-users] reportlab-users Digest, Vol 102, Issue 11

Tim Meneely meneelyt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:23:14 EDT 2012

Perhaps I'm completely off-base, but there seems to be a mis-match between
your subject line and the text of your email. I don't know how to help with
saving drawings with transparent backgrounds (except using a standalone
program such as GIMP).

However, If what you're actually trying to do is "overlaying existing
bitmap images," that's pretty easy in ReportLab. I think I read
http://www.tylerlesmann.com/2009/jan/28/writing-pdfs-python-adding-images/
before
I did this, but ultimately I have something like:
c = canvas.Canvas(buffer, pagesize=LETTER)
filename = '/home/me/myimage.jpg'
c.drawImage(filename, 0.5*inch, 0.5*inch,PAGE_WIDTH -
1.0*inch,PAGE_HEIGHT - 1.0*inch) # Who needs consistency?
for bed in beds:
c.drawString(bed.floorplan_x*inch, bed.floorplan_y*inch,
bed.occupant)

Sorry if this isn't what you meant.

Tim Meneely