[reportlab-users] Upgrading from Python 2.6 to 2.7

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Aug 3 15:43:22 EDT 2012

Justin Shepard wrote:

> I just upgraded from Python 2.6 to 2.7 and my non-reportlab scripts

> work fine. However, all of my references to reportlab have errors now

> (example: from reportlab.platypus import BaseDocTemplate ==> the

> BaseDocTemplate is underlined red stating unresolved import).

Is it just your editor that doesn't like it, or does it actually fail
when you run it?

> Here's what I've tried:

> 1. Installed v2.7

> 2. Downloaded and installed reportlab for Python 2.7 (yes, the report

> lab library now shows in win explorere; site-packages\reportlab)

How did you install it? Remember that, if you run the installer with
Python 2.6, it will get loaded into the Python 2.6 site-packages, even
if it was the "Python 2.7 reportlab". So, in Windows Explorer, make
sure that you see \python27\lib\site-packages\reportlab, and not just
\python26\lib\site-packages\reportlab.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.