[reportlab-users] decimal and/or dot-leader tabs

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Sun Sep 11 03:40:49 EDT 2011

I have a need to generate a PDF with either a decimal tab, or a
dot-leader. (I get to choose whichever one is easier to implement!)

I found the discussion thread here which is similar to my question....
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.reportlab.user/5567

However, it is not clear to me if, or how, this can be integrated into
platypus as a flowable. Can it be? Or is there a better solution that
I haven't found yet?

Hmm.
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2011-April/010011.html
is pretty recent, and indicates that it doesn't.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.reportlab.user/5563 implies
there might be something that might happen, but the lack of followup
postings isn't encouraging.

Aha, discovered the "Table of Contents" flowable in the userguide.
That'll get me going, for now. It isn't as general as multiple tabs
like the first discussion thread mentioned, and I'd prefer a decimal
tab, and three columns would be better, but the TOC style will do for now.

Thanks!