[reportlab-users] Using fixed frames for some parts of the page

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso jordigh at octave.org
Sat Sep 3 23:12:38 EDT 2011

On 2 September 2011 12:30, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:

> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

>> I'm using a class derived from PageTemplate and defining its frames

>> in the init portion. However, I want some of those frames to be

>> pre-filled with stuff. I tried something like

> Is there a chance you could post a complete (although trivial)

> example that shows the problem?  What you ask should be possible, I

> think.

Certainly. Here it is:

http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/example.zip

On each GraphTemplate, I am creating two frames which should be filled
with paragraphs, and there is also one other frame which should hold a
graph. I do not know how how to fill up the two paragraph phrames so
that Platypus attempts to put the graph in the graph frame, where it
fits. Instead, it attempts to put it into the tiny paragraph frames,
can't do it, and errors out.

I thought I could add FrameBreak() elements to the tiny paragraph
frames, but that results in NotImplemented errors as FrameBreaks
apparently don't have some attributes that Flowables are expected to
have.

Thanks in advance,
- Jordi G. H.