[reportlab-users] pyRXP - strange non-deterministic errors on python 2.7 and 64-bit Linux

Roger Whittaker roger at disruptive.org.uk
Tue May 17 12:36:20 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 05:30:54PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure what the above means

[...]

> are you expecting "./test.dtd" to work anywhere? If so I suspect

> that it may be the shell that's causing the issue as it seems as

> though relative path names get the current working directory added

> into them.

No - I copied everything into all the directories /tmp/a/,
/tmp/ab/, /tmp/abc/, ... etc, and then I ran
something like:

for i in /tmp/a* ; do cd $i; ./process.py foo.xml; done 2> /home/roger/errors

So I was always running from inside the directory where all the
files were, and saw the errors only in some cases.

--
Roger Whittaker
roger at disruptive.org.uk
http://disruptive.org.uk