[reportlab-users] preformatted tag - should it wrap?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Jun 17 08:04:07 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We'd like users' opinions on a small change.

We support a 'preformatted text' object for blocks of code etc.
Currently, if your lines of code are too long, they will overflow the
margin or vanish off the right egde of the page. If we were able to
improve this, do people think we should...

(a) always wrap at the width of the frame - possibly with one of those
cute arrow icons...

(b) keep existing behaviour, but turn on wrapping with an extra attribute ?

Thanks,

--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director