[reportlab-users] Downloading Standard T1 Font Curves

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Jun 15 11:19:21 EDT 2011

I'm using virtualenv and setuptools to create repeatable development environments for my Python projects. I've downloaded reportlab-2.5.tar.gz and placed it in a 'thirdparty' folder and directed setuptools to use that to install reportlab into my local site-packages. Ideally, this way, I can set up the development environment when the reportlab server is unreachable. However, the setup process for reportlab downloads the standard T1 font curves from the reportlab website which defeats this ideal. Looking at the rl setup code the file downloaded is pfbfer.zip. Is there a reason why this file isn't included in the tarbell?

Has anyone modified the rl install process to use a local copy of pfbfer.zip? If not, would the community be interested in me modifying the setup file to use a local copy?

Thanks,
Mark