[reportlab-users] treatment of space characters

Richard Galka rgalka at seccuris.com
Wed Feb 9 12:19:35 EST 2011

I've noticed this as well. Likely not the best solution, but a quick solution for determining height when your input has blank lines is to substitute a character for the blank line when performing your height check.

Ie:
for text in texts:
if not text.strip():
check_height('x') # x is dummy character to replace blank line
else:
check_height(text)

This will result in each of your samples providing '12' as the result.

Hope this helps,

Richard Galka
Secure Software Analyst
Seccuris Inc.
100 - 321 McDermot Ave, Winnipeg, MB  R3A 0A3
Tel: (204) 255-4136 ext #219
Fax: (204) 942-6705
MSS Tel: 1-866-770-7958
MSS Email: MSS at seccuris.com