[reportlab-users] Importing SciPy and Platypus restarts my interpreter

Brett Davis brettd43 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:16:16 EDT 2011

Hi ReportLab users,

I'm not sure what's causing it, but when I type

import scipy
import reportlab.platypus

the interpreter restarts. They used to import fine, and I have some scripts
for work that use both of these modules; they've all stopped working. Has
anyone else seen this?

I'm using Python 2.6.2 on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, SciPy
0.7.1 on top of NumPy 1.3.0, and ReportLab 2.5.

I hope someone can shed some light on this. The only thing I can think of is
that it's a Windows problem, because nothing has changed with these two
Python modules since they worked together.

Thanks,
Brett