[reportlab-users] Installing via setup.py/easy_install

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 22 08:44:19 EDT 2010

On 22 September 2010 13:27, Nick Martin <nick.martin at phgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there a way I can get Report Lab to install as a dependancy in my

> setup.py file?

> I noticed this message

> (http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2009-February/008085.html)

> which seems to say 'No', has anyone managed to get it working?

After that, we significantly improved the installation process and as
far as we know, the last release (March 2010, RL version 2.4) worked
well with easy_install and so on. Also, if you happen to be on
Ubuntu or a Debian distro, "apt-get install reportlab" seems to work
fine these days too.

The next release is due out literally in the next couple of days. So,
please just try it; if it doesn't work with the version on PyPI, try a
daily build (available on our site); and if there are any issues then
please let us know ASAP. Internally we've been testing things like
including it in pip_requirements files.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson