[reportlab-users] Preparations for next release

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Sep 7 07:46:08 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to do a release in the next couple of weeks. There is
a "release notes" page in progress here:
https://www.reportlab.com/software/documentation/relnotes/25/

Here are the 'loose ends' we are still working on...

1. QR codes were committed yesterday - many thanks to German Bravo for
his addition. We hope to make a web test gizmo so we can all have fun
pointing our mobile phones at them, and get a couple of days test
feedback before the release is tagged.

2. Table Spanning patch is accepted:
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2010-February/009314.html

3. StyleSheet1 and has_key: we're adding this method requested by Roberto
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2010-June/009563.html

4. Inline images with relative widths: we're happy in principle, and
trying to implement it now
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2010-June/009570.html

5. I am looking at Hearn's suggestion from 1st July on adding Bold and
Italic options for CJK fonts.
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2010-July/009589.html

If anyone is aware of other patches, reproducible bugs, or any
software packaging issues, this is a good time to say so.

Best Regards

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect