[reportlab-users] "Flowable too large" - how to KeepTogether

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon May 10 04:08:02 EDT 2010

On 10 May 2010 00:43, Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com> wrote:

> I've figured out what the problem was/is. The data gets written into a

> table cell that eventually becomes so long that it needs to stretch

> across two pages. I'm now going to completely side-step the whole

> problem but instead breaking it up into multiple cells or reconsider

> the whole approach of using a table.

Yes, I regret that we cannot split within table cells; so if you
generate a table cell more than a page high, you're stuck.

None of us were/are smart enough to write an algorithm that can split
within table cells (of course 'doing the right thing' for other
columns in the same row) as well as all the other things tables have
to do. Help is welcome ;-)

- Andy