[reportlab-users] Viewing Broken PDF's

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 10:13:59 EDT 2010

I have been working on a reasonably complicated system that generates
PDF that are pretty customisable. There are occasions when the content
is a little weird and can cause LayoutError's - we do splitting and
all sorts with tables and so on but sometimes it seems to be almost
unavoidable. The user is able to adjust some of the settings - widths
and so on, so its not a huge problem. However when there is an error
its hard to see what needs to be tweaked as no document is returned.

Is there a mechanism that I can use handle the errors better? Ideally
I would like to have overflowing content either hidden or just shown
but ignoring the fact that it flows over the page or over other
content.

Cheers.