[reportlab-users] Problem with pdfform (textField)

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 22 07:29:30 EST 2010

On 22/01/2010 11:57, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> Hi,

>> Thanks for the patch Arnaud,

>> I changed the way that pdfbase recognizes the formattable classes to be

>> more explicit a while ago and these must have been left out of that change.

> Oh ok. I only fixed the problem related to pdfform but there may have been

> several similar issues, such as PDFIndirectObject. I have attached to this

> email a patch fixing pdfform and PDFIndirectObject too. Hope that helps.

> Regards,

> Arnaud Fontaine

Arnaud,

can you supply a simple example where the PDFIndirectObject failure happens? I
see we're only using its format function in pdfdoc so I didn't think it needed
to be used elsewhere.

I don't think your change hurts us, but would like to be sure it's actually a
problem. I suppose you must be doing some low level PDF stuff somehow.