[reportlab-users] Reportlab and fonts with diacritics unicode support (U+0323 COMBINING DOT BELOW)

Grégoire Weber gregweblists at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:37:48 EST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to use letters with a dot below but with standard font
families Times and Helvetica I just get a black square.

Does someone know:

- which fonts have support for diacritics (especially
U+0323 COMBINING DOT BELOW) under Ubuntu 9.10?
- how may I find out which of them have diacritics support (probably
and non reportalb related question, sorry)?
- how to specify such a font family in reportlab for normal, bold
and italic font faces?

Is using ``reportlab.lib.fonts.addMapping`` the right way to go?

Gregoire

P.S.: Some of my assumptions:

To use diacritics (example: U+0323 COMBINING DOT BELOW) as I
understood I need to use a font that has support for it. If I understand
correctly reportlab is unicode aware and should support such fonts.