[reportlab-users] [Jython2.5.1] issue: Invalid method Code length 656615 + patch proposal

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 10 05:23:11 EST 2010

On 10 February 2010 10:18, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

>> I have found a simple fix based on information in this thread :

I don't know much Java or Jython, but I THINK the guy in your thread
is saying that
(a) Jython creates a Java class for each module,
(b) it creates a Java method for each function in the module,
(c) it creates one extra Java method for all the top-level code in the module.

All our arrays are top-level so the Java-bytecode for (c) is too big.
So, if we broke this up into a little function for each font, which
adds the extra info for that font to a top-level dictionary, we'd be
OK - and still readable.

Jython gurus, does that sound right?

- Andy